- About FCC
- Donor Sperm
- Fertility Preservation
- Infertility Care
- Patient Resources
- Video Library
- Special Offers from FCC
- News & Updates
- FCC Fertility Blog
- Male Masturbation
- Fertility Clinic Directory
- Other Helpful Resources
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Purchase Research Vials of Sperm
Work With Us
The Fertility Center of California has a number of exciting opportunities for those interested in working with our talented and dedicated team of specialists.
Fertility Center of California (FCC), Male Fertility Specialists (MFS), and Family Fertility CryoBank (FFCB) offers an unpaid preceptorship program for interested medical students or MDs looking to expand their experience and knowledge. Numerous individuals and businesses for a variety of reasons have expressed such an interest and as a result, Dr. Bastuba’s management team has had to review what we can and cannot offer. We have many regulatory restrictions because of our work with human reproductive tissues, banking, donors as well as many of the treatments that include the potential risks of infectious disease or contamination process. In addition, we must be transparent to all the governmental regulatory bodies such as CLIA, CAP, CDPH, the FDA as well as our malpractice insurance coverage.
During the externship, you will be able to attend a new patient and established patient visits with our practitioners, you will see phlebotomy, intra-uterine inseminations (artificial inseminations), testicular fine needle biopsy (TFNA), testicular epididymis sperm extraction (TESE), vasectomies and vasectomy reversals depending on patient appointments and consent as well as perform some hands-on Andrology lab work (under the microscope assisting in the performance of comprehensive sperm analysis, sperm cryopreservation and quality assurance of the liquid nitrogen storage tanks. Our goal is to expose you to the world of urology with a concentration on male reproductive needs.
Dr. Bastuba would be happy to consider offering you an externship opportunity. This program has the following characteristics:
- It will run for three consecutive days or for 5 consecutive days depending on your availability starting in our office at 6699 Alvarado Road Suite 2208, San Diego, CA 92114
- During the externship you will be exposed to all parts of the FCC, FFCB and MFS operations
- Each day will start at 8:00 and finish at 3:30 (some flexibility is possible
To get started, all you will need to do is contact me at email@example.com. We only take ONE extern on each start date and those dates will be sent. When you are ready to secure a date for your externship / preceptorship, please send me an email with the dates you are requesting. Dates are based on a first come first-served basis. If you have questions let me know. I look forward to meeting you.
As a medical laboratory, the Fertility Center of California has worked with a number of bright employees and interns, many of whom have gone on to attend medical school or have successful careers in the medical industry. It has been a joy and a privilege to be a springboard for these individuals. Being able to help others transition into the field of medicine is deeply important to us and we are immensely proud of everything our alumni have accomplished. Below are some of our trainees gone MDs.
- Michael Randazzo, MD
- Preceptorship November and December 2018
- Medical School: American University of the Caribbean
- Currently in residency at Houston Methodist
- Specialty is Urology
- Omid Patrus, DPM
- Preceptorship June 2019
- Medical School: The California School of Podiatric Medicine (CSPM) at Samuel Merritt College in Oakland
- Expected date of graduation 2023
- Specialty is Podiatry
- Joshua Jaeger, MD
- Preceptorship May, June, July and August 2019
- Medical School: Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Currently in Residency program at Spectrum Health in Michigan
- Heidi Guyab, PhD, LAc.
- Preceptorship October, 2019
- Medical School: Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, CA, specializing in infertility
- Expected date of graduation, 2022
Mcquade Brubaker – (employed by FCC-SD: 2015-2016) -- PA program, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA
Michael Schumacher – (employed by MFS: 1990s-2000s, 2015-2021) -- PA program, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Bryan Le – (FCC-SD: 2017-2018) Drexel University College of Medicine
Stephanie Calzada – (employed by FCC-SD: 2018-2019) Medical College of Wisconsin
- Mitch Kim – (employed by FCC-T: 2019-2021) -- University of Miami Medical School